Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Easter for the Procrastinators...

🐰🥕Easter is hopping right around the corner!

For those parents who haven't yet had the time to do their Easter basket shopping, I have compiled a small list of some awesome toys that I love to help encourage speech and language development!


I love Teeny Weeny Toys because there is no one specific purpose for them. They have bath toys, dollhouses, little people, cars... 



I love this book! It's perfect for this time of year too- it talks about planting and nurturing seeds. I love to talk about the sequence of planting while I read as well. And hey! You can put in a packet of seeds in their basket too, and act out the story for some added fun!


I love playing house... so do many kids that I see. So why not get a play-house for the go?! This magnetic house has people as well as various house-hold items. Kids increase their imagination by leaps and bounds when playing with dollhouses, and we all know what imagination does for their little minds (and if you've forgotten, or haven't had a chance to read it yet, click HERE)!


These guys are a little big to fit inside of an Easter basket, but if you're like my family who put toys on the couch too- this could be just for you!
I love Tummy Stuffers to describe things I've found. We take turns grabbing things around the house and putting them inside; then we describe items and have the other person guess which one we have! 

5. Big Crayons by Learning Resources

I've posted about my love for these crayons before. They are a bit more expensive than the rest of the items on this list, however, if you have more than one kiddo you can divvy them up to different kids! I love these because inside each of the large crayons are mini toys that are that color (for example, inside the Orange crayon there is a small carrot, goldfish, pumpkin...).
It's fun to put these into categories- food, animals, objects
It's fun to describe using your 5 senses
It's fun to put inside those Tummy stuffers
There really is no limit on what you can do with these! Plus, Learning Resources has tons of other neat toys!

6. Passes to local outings

We are always looking for something to do with our kiddos that gets us out of the house. Get a pass to the zoo, aquarium, museum, etc. and stuff it in that basket! Your kids will be excited and it also acts as  'Killing two birds with one stone'! You get a fun day AND something to put in the basket!





On the right hand side, you can subscribe to Rollins Speech Therapy's Blog, where you will get access to activities to do at home, as well as have the opportunity to ask questions regarding your child's speech and language development!

Happy Easter everyone, I hope you have a wonderful weekend! ~Kassi, 

No comments:

Post a Comment